Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall

Yesterday was the first day of fall, which means it was the first day of joy for me. I love the fall and winter seasons, and I'm thrilled summer is over. I thought I'd do a quick post about the things I love about the fall:

1) It gets cold (and the colder it is, the better!)

2) It gets dark earlier.

3) Halloween

4) Thanksgiving

5) The changing leaves

6) The crunchy leaves

7) Apples

8) Sweaters

9) The decorations for my house

10) Just fall colors all together

11) School starts--and you get a fresh start

One of my favorite quotes about fall is from the movie You've Got Mail. Meg Ryan's character talks about the "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils." That is fall for me!

5 comments:

Mindi B said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year too! I love everything about it! (Still waiting for the temperatures to stay down though!)

Jill said...

Ummmmm-you forgot hot chocolate! If you are not a fan I will try not to hold it against you.

Andria said...

Ooh, I enjoy the cooler weather as well. I love the chance to break out the sweaters.

David and Melissa said...

You forgot football, wassail, and the end of allergy season! It's the most wonderful time, of the year...

Steph Glazier-Collao said...

your post made me so happy! fall is my favorite season...and i miss all the colors in the utah mountains.
one of things that i remember about you most is that you love the cold...don't you sleep with your window open at night in the middle of the winter?