Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Caucus Night!

I hope all of you attended your neighborhood party caucus last night. This is the best place for grassroots involvement in politics. I don't think people realize the importance of being involved. Being a proud Democrat in Utah County tends to get me into some trouble, so I don't usually say anything to people down here. I often get the question, "How can you be a Mormon and a Democrat?) Surprise! Surprise! It is possible, and I am proud to be both. (Just look at Harry Reid--we've got a Mormon Democrat as the Senate Majority Leader in DC). I did attend my caucus, and I was surprised that I wasn't the only one from my precinct there (like last time). Actually, my precinct had about 8 people, and we had a total of almost 20 people from Eagle Mountain, Cedar Fort, and Saratoga Springs. I call that a success! I was nominated to be the precinct chair for EM05. It will be a fun two years!

0 comments: