Monday, September 14, 2009

Jack Updates




It's been a while since I've updated on anything. Life's just been crazy!

Mr. Jack is now 4 1/2 months old. Here are his latest stats:

Height: 27 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 13 lbs (35th percentile)
The doctor keeps telling us he is going to be just like his dad: tall and skinny.

His cute little personality is starting to come out. Here's a few of his quirks:

1) He LOVES to jump. When you are holding him, he has to be standing up and jumping.
2) He NEVER sits still.
3) He loves the TV (No, I'm not a bad mom who sticks their kid in front of the TV 24/7, but if it's on, he's watching.) Tony and I have tried to not have the TV on quite as much
4) He likes his rice cereal, especially when I mix it with apple juice; however, the not sitting still thing makes the feeding quite tricky.
5) He still won't sleep through the night. He's in bed around 7:30, up at 12 and up at 3 or 4. We're getting used to it.
6) He's started to giggle.
7) He has the greatest full face smile ever.
8) He has to have white noise to sleep.
9) He hates his tummy time.
10) He's almost rolling over.
11) Gatsby loves him. . . the other morning I was trying to finish getting ready. I only had to put on my make-up and iron a t-shirt. Jack was so good until then. He started to cry, then that slowly turned into a wail. I only needed 5 more minutes, so I figured he'd be fine. Gatsby didn't think I was coming fast enough. He sat by him, and when I came downstairs, Gastby was in a full-on howl. Hilarious!

Now for the story in the picture: As previously mentioned, Jack LOVES to jump. While I was at a Young Women's meeting, one of the other leaders saw him jumping on my lap. She said he NEEDs a jumparoo. Another leader had one she wasn't using (thanks Mikki). I borrowed hers. When I first got it home, I thought there's no possible way Jack is going to be able to use that. He's just too little. I was wrong! He loves it. He jumps and giggles the entire time. The other day, I was trying to get a couple of things done, so I had him watch Nemo (I think) while I got them done. He started to get a little fussy in his jumparoo, but I only had a couple more things to do, so I just left him. Tony came downstairs about 5 minutes later, and Jack was sound asleep in his jumparoo. . .all tuckered out.

We love this guy!

3 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

That is too cute! He is really a cute kid, I love his smile. And Whitney, you really iron your
t-shirts? Boy am I a slacker!

Alicia said...

Oh he is adorable. Isn't it amazing how much we love these little suckers?

Mindi B said...

That's gotta be the cutest picture ever. I love when they fall asleep like that - you just want to take 'em out and squeeze 'em!